Summer is just around the corner! As you start planning your summer activities, remember to allow yourself time to rest, restore, and reconnect.
- Choose the outdoors. Spending time outside helps reduce stress and anxiety, boost your mood, and inspire creativity. Try walking, hiking, biking, gardening, or enjoying a shady picnic in the park.
- Spend time with loved ones. On a day-to-day basis, it’s easy to get stuck in our own routines and lose quality time with friends and family. Find time to reconnect this summer with shared meals, game nights, movie nights, or a simple phone call.
- Catch up on sleep. During busy times, we sometimes stray from healthy sleep habits. Practice creating a consistent sleep schedule and get the much needed rest your body deserves.
Most importantly, have fun and do one thing each day that makes you happy.
If you or a family member ever find yourselves feeling low this summer, we encourage you to reach out for help. Care Solace, a complimentary and confidential coordination service provided by Distinctive Schools is available 24/7/365 to help find mental health care or substance use treatment providers for you. If needed:
- Call 888-515-0595. Support is available 24/7/365 in any language.
- Visit caresolace.com/distinctiveschools and either search on your own OR click “Book Appointment” for assistance by video chat, email, or phone.
*Article courtesy of Care Solace