Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS ART IN MOTION?
- Art In Motion (AIM) is a new creative arts charter school authorized by Chicago Public Schools
- AIM is a free, independent neighborhood public school open to all 7th-12th grade students, including English language learners and students with special needs.
- AIM does not have special entrance requirements; AIM has the freedom to be innovative while maintaining high academic standards for advancing student achievement.
- AIM welcomes students who live in the city of Chicago.
- In the 2020-2021 school year, AIM will serve 7th, 8th and 9th grade students.
- AIM will add one grade level each year to ultimately serve students in 7th - 12th grade
- There is no testing or audition requirement to attend AIM.
- We encourage students to apply who have a passion for the arts, are seeking an arts based school experience, and want to prepare for their college and career plans after high school through the arts.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- The 7th and 8th application for the 2020-2021 school year is now available! Click here to apply.
- The 9th grade application is available on the GoCPS website.
- If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com.
- If there are more applications received than seats available for 7th and 8th grade students, AIM will hold a public lottery on May 4, 2020 per IL State Law and CPS requirements. The public lottery provides an equal chance at admission for all applicants. However, in an effort to keep families together, the Art In Motion lottery will give preferential treatment to siblings.
- For 7th and 8th grade students, families will be notified via email when applications are received and accepted. Students will have two weeks to accept or decline the offer.
- For 9th grade students, offer notifications will be released from GoCPS in March 2020.
- Once you have accepted your seat within our online platform, you will schedule a time to register with our team to provide necessary student information to complete registration.